Monday, December 7, 2009

The Original Mine



This is a shot of the Original Mine that I took last summer while visiting my hometown of Butte, Montana. I really enjoyed exploring the contrasts of such heavy machinery sitting right in the midst of the neighborhoods gingerbread-style "cottage" houses. The Original hosted the National Folk Festival for the last two years, and will host it once more next year on July 9-11 (the last year in the 3-year rotation). I have heard that it is an awesome weekend. I need to make sure and be there next year. I hope to apply as a vendor where I can sell some of my photos and illustrations.

I did desaturate the background on this photo a bit, just to intensify the contrast between the cute little house and the industrial nature of the gallows frame.

To purchase this, or any of my other photos, go to www.girlingearstudio.etsy.com and click contact girlingearstudio and send me a message.  I can create a custom listing just for you, which you can purchase easily via PayPal, check or money order.  All photos come matted and in a protective plastic sleeve, but can be sent without the mat at a reduced price, if you wish.

No comments: