Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Road Trip to McCall, Part 1: Lonely Barn



Back in October, Aunt Sharon and Uncle Darryl were so kind as to invite us to stay at their condo in McCall.  One day we all went out shooting, and I was able to get some great photos of the old barns and the landscape near McCall and Donnelly.  This is part 1 of a 5 part series.

This barn sat in a field all by itself.  I love the abundance of old barns here in Idaho; it's a shame that so many of them are falling down.  It's interesting to think about the people that built them, a hundred years ago, and what the landscape looked like when they were new.  What were their names?  Were they struggling, or prosperous?  How many children played in the hay loft?  Sometimes I wish I could transport myself back in time to take a peek.

No comments: